When it comes to the revered Seiko Cocktail Time watches, enthusiasts often find themselves torn between the classic SARB065 and the newer Presage Cocktail Time. Both watches are commendable in their own right, but they showcase certain distinctions that might sway your preference. Let’s delve deep into SEIKO Cocktail Time SARB065 vs Presage and their unique attributes at Saatsaz Watch.
Table of Contents
Seiko Cocktail Time SARB065 vs Presage
Blending precise craftsmanship with evening allure, Seiko’s Cocktail Time watches turn moments into statements.
The SARB065 boasts a more silvery hue with a potential slight light blue undertone under specific lighting. In contrast, the new Presage immediately presents itself with an ‘ice blue’ shade. This difference in color palettes, though subtle, can make a significant impact depending on personal preferences.
Hour and Minute Markers
The Presage is known for its complete hour markers, a departure from the fractured hour markers found in the SARB065. Notably, the 3 o’clock position on the Presage aligns symmetrically with the batons at 12, 6, and 9, an element the SARB065 overlooks.
The minute track of the SARB065 is slightly bolder, making the Presage’s appear simpler. This design tweak slightly changes the spacing on the dial, potentially altering the viewer’s perception of the dial’s layout.
At the heart of these watches lies their movement. The SARB065 is powered by the 6R15, while the Presage utilizes the 4R35. Discussions about the superiority of the 6R15 abound, with some claims pointing to its better materials and superior mainspring. Additionally, the SARB065’s metal movement spacer contrasts with the Presage’s plastic version.
A difference in thickness sets these two apart: the SARB065 measures approximately 13mm, while the Presage sits at a slimmer 11.8mm. In terms of diameter, the SARB065 is slightly cozier at 40mm compared to the Presage’s 40.5mm.
The Presage features a more pronounced, onion-shaped crown compared to the SARB065’s subtler design. Even the Seiko snake engraving differs between the two models.
Differences extend to branding elements as well. The ‘Seiko’ logo on the Presage is visibly larger than on the SARB065. Additionally, while the SARB065 opts for a cursive “automatic” text, the Presage goes for a simpler font.
While both watches come with similarly colored straps, the SARB065 offers a touch more padding. However, given their considerable length, it’s not uncommon for enthusiasts to opt for replacements.
Warranty and Price
Region-specific warranties and pricing can affect choices. For example, in the UK, the Presage offers an extended warranty, while the SARB065’s warranty is valid only in Japan. Pricewise, the two watches hover around similar price points, though regional differences might sway potential buyers.
Which one is better between Seiko Cocktail Presage vs SARB065?
Here, we will provide you with a compact pros and cons of these two Seiko Cocktail Time models to help ypu with your decision:
Seiko SARB065 Cocktail Time Pros and Cons
- Silvery dial with subtle light-blue hues in certain lighting.
- Unique fractured hour markers.
- Superior 6R15 movement, known for accuracy and durability.
- Slightly smaller 40mm diameter, preferred by some for subtlety.
- Comes with a padded strap.
- Specific warranty valid in Japan.
- Some find the dial’s shade a tad too subtle.
- Lacks the bold crown and modern branding of the newer model.
- Slightly thicker at 13mm.
Seiko Presage Cocktail Time Pros and Cons
- Prominent ‘ice blue’ dial offering a fresh, modern look.
- Complete and symmetrical hour markers.
- Bolder, more fitting crown design.
- Slightly larger 40.5mm diameter offers a more contemporary feel.
- Thinner profile at 11.8mm.
- Available with an extended 3-year warranty in some regions.
- Uses the 4R35 movement, considered less superior to the 6R15.
- Some may find the ‘Seiko’ logo overly prominent.
- The automatic text is in a non-cursive font, differing from the original’s aesthetics.
Choosing between the Seiko Cocktail Time SARB065 and the new Presage Cocktail Time is a matter of personal preference. While both watches uphold Seiko’s tradition of craftsmanship, their nuanced differences in design and mechanics cater to distinct tastes.
Whether you’re drawn to the classic appeal of the SARB065 or the modern touches of the Presage, both timepieces promise to be a worthy addition to any collection. We hope you enjoyed this comparison and review between SEIKO Cocktail Time SARB065 vs Presage watches. If you have any questions, make sure to ask us in the comments.
What is the difference between SARB065 and Presage cocktail?
- Dial Color: SARB065 has a silvery hue with subtle light blue undertones, while the Presage Cocktail Time leans more towards an ‘ice blue’.
- Movement: SARB065 uses the 6R15 movement, regarded by many as superior due to its materials and mainspring. The Presage employs the 4R35 movement.
- Case: The SARB065 is around 13mm thick compared to the Presage’s 11.8mm. Additionally, the SARB065 has a 40mm diameter, slightly smaller than the Presage’s 40.5mm.
- Price and Warranty: SARB065 generally comes with a warranty valid only in Japan. Prices may vary based on location, but both models can hover around the £320 mark in the UK.
Can the Seiko cocktail time be worn casually?
- Yes, the Seiko Cocktail Time is versatile in its design, allowing it to be paired both with formal attire and casual outfits.
Is the Seiko Presage cocktail water resistant?
- Yes, Seiko Presage watches typically offer water resistance, though it’s advisable to check specific models for the exact resistance depth. However, they aren’t designed for intense water activities like diving.
Is Seiko Presage a daily watch?
- Absolutely. The Seiko Presage combines elegance with durability, making it suitable for daily wear. Its sophisticated design can complement both casual and formal looks.