LVMH, or Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE, stands as a titan in the luxury sector, commanding a vast empire of brands that encompass fashion, jewelry, cosmetics, and, notably, horology. As one of the world’s foremost luxury conglomerates, LVMH has strategically acquired a portfolio of high-end watch brands that each come with a rich heritage and distinct identity.
Here at Saatsaz Watch, we’ll delve into the watch brands owned by LVMH:
Table of Contents
List of Watch brands Owned by LVMH
- Tag Heuer
- Dior Horlogerie
Watch Brands Owned by LVMH: Brief Review
1. TAG Heuer
- Established: 1860 as Uhrenmanufaktur Heuer AG.
- Founder: Edouard Heuer
- Headquarters: La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland
- Notable Collections: Carrera, Monaco, Aquaracer, Autavia.
- Positioning: TAG Heuer is known for its robust sports watches and chronographs. It has a strong connection with motorsports and has been a pioneer in the development of several watchmaking technologies.
- Established: 1980
- Founder: Carlo Crocco
- Headquarters: Nyon, Switzerland
- Notable Collections: Big Bang, Classic Fusion, Spirit of Big Bang.
- Positioning: Hublot is recognized for its innovative use of materials, including the “Art of Fusion”, where they mix traditional and non-traditional materials in their watchmaking.
- Established: 1865
- Founder: Georges Favre-Jacot
- Headquarters: Le Locle, Switzerland
- Notable Collections: El Primero, Pilot, Defy.
- Positioning: Zenith is renowned for its high-frequency El Primero chronograph movement and has a rich history of over 150 years in watchmaking.
4. Bulgari (Bvlgari)
- Established: 1884 (as a jewelry brand)
- Founder: Sotirios Voulgaris
- Headquarters: Rome, Italy
- Notable Collections: Serpenti, Octo, Lvcea, B.Zero1.
- Positioning: While Bulgari is primarily known as a luxury jewelry brand, it has carved a niche in horology, particularly with the ultra-thin Octo Finissimo series. The brand fuses Italian design aesthetics with Swiss watchmaking expertise.
- Established: 1936 as a jewelry brand.
- Founder: Fred Samuel
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Positioning: Although primarily a jeweler, Fred has occasionally ventured into watches, creating pieces that combine the brand’s jewelry expertise with timekeeping.
6. Dior Horlogerie
- Part of: Christian Dior SE, which primarily focuses on fashion.
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Notable Collections: La D de Dior, Dior VIII.
- Positioning: Dior’s watch line seamlessly combines the brand’s couture heritage with Swiss watchmaking craftsmanship, emphasizing aesthetics, materials, and design.
LVMH, with its diverse collection of watch brands, ensures that watch aficionados have a range of styles and histories to choose from. Each brand, from TAG Heuer’s sports heritage to Bulgari’s jewelry-watch fusion, brings a unique facet to the conglomerate’s horological portfolio. Whether you’re a seasoned collector or a novice enthusiast, LVMH’s watch brands cater to every taste and preference, underscoring the group’s prominence in the luxury watch sector.
What watch brand does LVMH own?
- LVMH owns several watch brands, including TAG Heuer, Hublot, Zenith, BVlgari, Dior Horlogerie, and Fred.
Is TAG Heuer owned by LVMH?
- Yes, TAG Heuer is proudly owned by LVMH. Having joined the LVMH group in 1999, TAG Heuer has benefited from the conglomerate’s resources and network, reinforcing its status as a leading luxury watch brand.
Is Hublot a LVMH brand?
- Yes, Hublot is a prestigious brand under the LVMH umbrella. Acquired in 2008, Hublot has thrived under LVMH’s guidance, emphasizing innovation and distinctive design in the world of luxury horology.
How many brands are under LVMH?
- LVMH oversees a vast portfolio of over 75 brands spanning various sectors like fashion, jewelry, cosmetics, and watches. This number may vary as LVMH continues to acquire or establish new brands.